Always Transparent - Updates, Milestones and More!

 I finally have something worthwhile to share with you all.

The 20th of September was my birthday and for that I offered up both of my e-books for free on Amazon. This promotion made me hit some major milestones as an author.

I will gladly share all of the details from my promo, but first I want to share the milestones that I hit.

First, both of my books reached the Top Ten Best-Selling in two different genres. More Than Human hit #10 in the genre Dark Fantasy Horror and More Than Wolf hit #10 in the category New Adult & College Fantasy. Once my books reached the top 25 on the first day, they both stayed there during the duration of the promotion. They fluctuated, of course, but never went above 25!

I "sold" over 300 copies in the first three days of my promo. That is a lot of new readers! And because of this promo I have officially surpassed the 500 mark for total books sold and am quickly approaching the 1k mark!

Did I make any money from this? No, it was a free promo. BUT, I may have snagged some new readers to stick out my series and I should hopefully be getting some new reviews.

All of this happened because of you amazing people. I didn't do any advertising for my event, just Facebook posts and comments, and because so many of YOU guys shared my post(s) I was able to reach even more people. I could not have done any of this without the dedication and love of my friends and readers, so, thank you. 


In other news: I have passed the 25k word mark for book 3 but have not had much free time lately to work on it. I am hoping to have it finished by December and published early next year. A cover design is being discussed with my lovely artist and I am really looking forward to what her talent brings.

Other other news: I have had two fantastic ideas for other books hit me and have finally found the beginning to one of them. I am debating on whether these will be published under my current pen name or if I will adopt a new pen name. The reason for this is, your pen name is your brand. You hear Steven King and immediately think horror, right? Though, these books are both paranormal themed, they might be geared toward a younger audience, and because of THAT I might change my pen name. Heather might start getting a little more "adult" in the near future.

Here is the breakdown of my Free Book Promo:

Day 1 - 142 copies sold
Day 2 - 86 copies sold
Day 3 - 91 copies sold
Day 4 - 149 copies sold
Day 5 - 71 copies sold
Total copies sold: 539

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf