Tuesday Tellings - Moving Forward

 The last few days have been rough for me... but I'm not going into detail on the matters that occurred, rather I'd like to move forward and focus on things happening this week.

Coming Up!

This evening I have my first podcast interview! I will share the link to the podcast in my next blog (or maybe the comments in this one). Looking forward to it but I'm not quite sure what to expect...

Not only am I an author, but I am also a freelance photographer. I have been involved in photography since I was very young, using disposable cameras until upgrading to a digital point-and-shoot, then studying film photography in high school. Film photography has been one of my absolute favorite things to learn so far in life. Not only does the image depend on how you frame it when you initially take the shot, but the effects you make to the paper while treating the image as well. So many different possibilities with the same image in the dark room, with such hands-on methods. Honestly, I prefer the older methods over digital.

This upcoming Saturday I am photographing a Celebration of Life event. 

Next month, on the 13th, I have my first "big" wedding to photograph. I met with the bride's mother the other day, scoping out the area for lighting and where to set up for posed shots with my lighting umbrellas. She was lovely, patient and understanding. Doesn't sound like I'll have a Bridezilla on my hands. This wedding will also determine whether I do any other weddings in the future. As I suffer quite a bit from anxiety, this event is really putting me outside of my comfort zone. I hope I can handle it.

About two weeks ago I had the incredible honor to photograph a small, Buddhist wedding. The couple were easily past their 60s, and seeing such new, wonderous love between such aged eyes was an experience that I will never forget.

Usually I photograph wildlife and abstract, but lately I've been branching out and taking on jobs for people. Senior photo shoots, portrait photography, weddings, etc. It's very stressful and anxiety-fueling but I enjoy it nonetheless. I find the editing process to be incredibly therapeutic.

Audiobook Updates:

I want to take this opportunity to thank the incredibly talented, funny, witty, and lovely Kristina Rothe for narrating my book. I think she did a wonderful job and I very much look forward to working with her in the future!

Since my audiobook officially released on the 8th of this month, I have accrued 59 sales and two 5-star reviews. 

My audiobook has dropped in its rank a LOT since it reached the top 100 in two categories. I don't know it it will return to a top 100 ranking, but I'm glad it happened! I have screenshots of the rankings as proof LOL

You can check out my audiobook HERE!

More Than Human Updates:

My book has reached 43 ratings on Amazon, holding a pretty solid 4.6 average star rating. On GoodReads I have received 12 written reviews and 18 ratings, bringing me to a 4.33 average rating.

Total e-book and paperback online sales are at 136. I have sold about another two dozen in-person.

I have had fairly consistent KU reads, totaling to 3,875 currently. Now, that sounds like a lot, right? My book is only about 187 pages long, so that's about the equivalent of reading my book 20 times. If I made 20 sales, my profit would be about $86. In KU reads, I get paid $16.47 for those hypothetical 20 books. That's terribly low. So, PLEASE, if you read a book on KU and liked it, buy the physical copy or at least the e-book. Especially if it's written by and indie author. We honestly don't make very much, and producing a book is very expensive. Support your indie authors any way you can.
If you can't, for some reason, purchase the book, at least share it and suggest it to your friends. Word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to market something, but it takes fan dedication to accomplish that.

More Than Wolf Updates:

My current word count is now 51,614 out of a 70k goal. I fixed the areas that needed fixing, but I think I need to elaborate a little more with certain characters and events that foreshadow future issues. Once it is ready, I will be sharing it with a wonderful editing team that I was invited to known as the Seven Sisters. We are all fantasy writers of different tropes and creatures and each lovely lady involved is a incredibly talented individual (some are multi-talented)! I am honored to be part of this amazing group of fierce, intelligent women and I can't wait to see what they accomplish.

Other books published (and upcoming) by some of the ladies in the Seven Sisters are:

Moa Eriksson has a book titled Sorcery of Words coming out near the end of the year. Release date is TBA
You can follow Moa on IG @ ReadingFaery

Aimee Clinton is the author of historical fantasy titled A Dance of Steel and Shadow, the first of a duet. The sequel is planned to be released Aug 1 but will most likely be released earlier than that.

H. M. Brandon is an author of several books! Check out her website for her works (and one you can read for free!)

R. Joy is an epic fantasy writer touching on pirates in her stories. She is working on a series titled Legends of the Shadow Wars. The first installment, Of Sea and Stone, should be released this winter.

Chelsea Fay is working on a New Adult pirate fantasy trilogy titled Princess of Mist - release date is TBA. You can follow her on IG @ ChelseyFayWriter

B. V. Sloan is going to release her first installment of a trilogy titled Violet Crown later this year. You can follow her on IG @ BVSloanAuthor

In Closing:

Thanks for reading! Check back next week for another blog entry from me. 
If you'd like to help support me and my works, please consider subscribing to my Patreon!

You can contact me at: HeatherAshbury89@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf