Trying this again...

 Hello everyone! I am giving this blog thing another whack! From here on out, I will be trying to make blog entries at least every week, providing writing and life updates to whoever reads this.

Starting with today:

NEWS!!

My audiobook just released on the 9th and I have made 51 sales so far. Between publishing the audiobook and today, it has reached the top 100 spot in two different categories. I have since dropped in rank and am now over 100 and even 200 in those categories. Oh well. It was a nice, fleeting moment of excitement and pride. Maybe it will reach the top 100 again? Who knows...

In relation to the released audiobook, I have several UK codes for free listens through Amazon! So, if you'd like a code for a listen (in return for a review) let me know! You have to be a UK Amazon customer to redeem. 


Book 2 Update:

I have redacted about 14k words of a flashback state in my current book. I felt that it was exceeding the proper word count and would take away from the main story too much. BUT, I have decided to take that 14k and turn it into a novella. It's a story about my MC's ancestor, famed Captain Grace Benadette Foster, a werewolf pirate captain who leads a fleet of five ships. That bit has been so much fun to write so far and I've actually learned quite a bit from history and what pirates were actually like (thank you, Robert Lewis Stevenson, for providing a highly inaccurate representation of pirates).

The Pirate book has yet to be named, but it will serve as a 2.5 in my series (best read between books 2 and 3). I hope to release it soon following book 2 titled More Than Wolf.

For your consideration:

If you'd like to help support other Indie Authors, I will be providing a highlight on one Indie Author per blog post. Someone whose work I highly respect and would suggest to others.

Starting with today I'd like to highlight an author and good friend of mine, Martin Kearns. His book, Beneath the Veil, is like a modern take on Dante's Inferno. It's a clever read with fun pop culture references, Roman and Norse mythologies, angels, demons, and the crossing over the veil between the land of the living and the realm of the dead. It was a great, interesting read that kept me wanting more. I found it very difficult to put the book down.

You can check out Martin Kearns' book here: Beneath the Veil

Funny story about how I ended up initially connecting with this author. I was in a Facebook group for "Authors Supporting Authors" (insert very heavy eyeroll here - they are almost anything BUT supportive of other authors) and got into an argument about my writing process with another user. Well, that guy got a wild hair up his ass about me and decided to try to smear my hard work. He left a 1-star review on Amazon without so much as reading my book. (He is an unverified purchaser and left the review within an hour of the argument). I looked this guy up on Amazon and found that he had done the same thing to another author, Martin Kearns. I looked up Martin on FB and asked him about the review. Turns out, he had a very similar altercation with the same person on FB. We ended up buying each other's books, reading them, and loving them! So, thanks to that stupid troll, I was able to meet another fantastic and talented author, Mr. Martin Kearns (who is an all-around fantastic guy, too!).


In closing:

If you'd like to check out my audiobook, please click HERE

Be sure to leave a rating/review of my book More Than Human! Loved it? Hated it? Let me know!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next week!

Contact me at: HeatherAshbury89@gmail.com

Comments

  1. You’ll make it to top 100 again! I think a lot of people nowadays are interested in audio books. My boss listens to audio books and I may need to get her a copy for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf