I am terribly inconsistent...

I really am the worst at sticking to a schedule... For example, my blog. I'm supposed to be posting regularly, but hah... that certainly isn't happening.

You get what you get with me! I can be sporadic and impulsive with anything in my life.

So let me catch you guys up on what's been happening in my life!

Book-Related news:

My second book, More Than Wolf, was entered into a cover contest on AllAuthor during the month of December. It was a tight run, but we came out on top winning first place! What a great way to end the year. I am so thrilled for my best friend who designed the cover. She deserved that award! It really is a fantastic cover, and I'm not just saying that because it's on my book.

I just recently unlocked a new author milestone by reaching S1,000.00 in total online royalties! That is counting from Nov 2020 when I first published More Than Human to Jan 2023. I never thought I would actually reach that number.
I have sold a total of 932 books online - some were from free giveaways.

Progress on book 3:
I have been slacking on writing book 3, More Than Legend, honestly... But in the last few days I have made small progress. Hey, progress is progress, right? We are currently sitting at 29,381 words. I do not have a word count goal for this book as I'm just kind of letting it be itself. Book 3 is detached from the rest of the series as the storyline goes, taking you back to the 1640s aboard a ship named The She of the Sea, captained by Jule's ancestor, Grace Foster. You learn a bit more about The Order of Purity, where The Cave is located and why it is so important, who the *real* villain of the series is, and some other fun bits. I've included numerous creatures of myth and lore that are lesser known including aswang, fossegrim, melusine, hamrammr, and my own creation tossed in there!
The research involved for this book has been so fun to do, from what real pirates were like to charting courses for my fleet. I love learning about history and mythology, so this series really keeps my brain entertained.
I am really excited about this book and I really want it to be just right. I know I said I wanted to have it published by the end of winter, but that's not going to happen. My muse took a sabbatical and forced my creativity to go on vacation for about two months. Didn't help that I was overwhelmed with other things at home... But now, my muse has returned and I have been working again! 

Reviews:
I have gained a few new ratings and reviews for both books recently. The written reviews have all been positive, but a few of the star ratings have been low. Ooof. So, if you have read my book(s), please take a moment to leave a review and help me get those numbers back up. Remember, your review doesn't have to be a book report. No one is going to grade you on it. A simple, short explanation of whether you liked it or not will be great! If you'd like to explain why you liked/didn't like it, that helps other potential readers to determine whether or not it's a book they'll enjoy. Liked the creatures? Say that! Liked the love story? Mention it! Enjoyed the more brutal sides of the story? Awesome - others might, too! Anything you can add is helpful to both me and future readers.

Current rating status:
AMAZON:
More Than Human: 4.5 ; 63 total ratings
More Than Wolf: 4.9 ; 10 total ratings

GoodReads
More Than Human: 4.13 ; 45 total ratings
More Than Wolf: 4.75 ; 8 total ratings

Now that I'm finished with the business side of things, here's a more personal look into my life:

Recently, our oldest dog Luna suffered a severe infection that required her to stay the night at the vet and have surgery. She will be 10 in April.
That was a rough few days. I was a complete mess. I have had this dog since she was a tiny, tiny puppy and we have been through some serious shit together. This dog was there with me during my lowest lows. Due to some really bad decisions on my part, she was also put through hell by being taken from one place to another because I couldn't accommodate her. I will always feel shitty about that. 
But, she made it! She got the treatment she needed and she's feeling even better than before! I catch her acting like her puppy-self every now and again. We get to enjoy our loud, smelly, spoiled Luna for another few years

This month I celebrated my 8-year wedding anniversary with my husband. I can't believe it's been 8 years already, but at the same time, it feels like we have always been together. He is my best friend and I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. Though he's stubborn and has several quirks that drive me nuts, that's why I love him. Those quirks of his are what make him who he is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
In celebration, we went out to dinner at the bowling alley (yes... no fancy restaurants for us!) and had some incredible burgers! Seriously, they were really good! So, locals: go to the bowling alley and get you a burger!
We did not go bowling, but rather hit the pool table for some 8-ball on our 8-year anniversary (I actually just realized that... hahaha). It has been nearly a decade since I last shot pool and I was super surprised at how well I did. We had a lot of fun.

And in other news, if you're looking for something new to read, go check out my fellow Seven Sisters' works! The Seven Sisters are a group of women from around the world that work together with writing. We help edit, provide feedback, and of course, support one another. A few of these amazing women don't have any books published (yet) but here is a list of those that do! If you love high fantasy, these are all great!

The Cursed Queen series by Aimee Clinton 

Violet Crown by bv Sloan (bv Sloan has another book releasing soon! The sequel to this one!)

Hunt for the Dragon Egg Thief (This book is great for younger audiences and I really enjoyed it!)
How NOT to Kill Dragons by R. Joy 

Author H. M. Brandon has several books out that also revolve around dragons. 


And that's about it... until next time!
*If you read this blog post, please leave a comment - I'm trying to see if this is actually worth continuing*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

Interview With the Werewolf