Author, Herbalist and More

 

"Author, Herbalist and More"

In addition to being an author, I am also a mother, farmer and entrepreneur. My real passion lies in herbalism, which is what I've built my business on. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that Western medicine and natural medicine go hand- in-hand. If I break my leg, I'm most certainly going to the hospital. However, in non-emergency cases I turn to herbalism for treatment. I have psoriasis, for instance, that I can keep a better control over with my own homemade salves rather than expensive medication. Once in a while, the psoriasis gets really bad. I was prescribed an ointment that costs about $40 a bottle to treat. It doesn't really help. After doing some research I've come up with my own emergency treatment for aggravated psoriasis with incredible success, getting rid of it within 3 days.
My asthma is another condition in which I have completely substituted medication with herbal treatment: mullein. This wonderful herb is deemed a "weed" but without it I would surely suffer. The fuzzy, mature leaves are used to improve lung health and combat illnesses that affect the lungs as a tincture, tea, or even smoked. Yes, smoked. Smoking mullein helps with asthma attacks. Though the effects take a little longer to kick in, they last much longer than an inhaler and always do a better job.
Pain-relief is another huge drive for my love of herbalism, suffering from several different chronic pains. An old knee injury acts up fairly often, making it difficult for me to walk. Migraines have tormented me since I was little and there's no link between my daily activities, diet or anything else. Undiagnosed uterine pain torments me every month, sometimes several times a month. Through research and experimenting with different combinations, I found a way to give myself pain relief. If nothing else, the pain is reduced to a more tolerable level, so I can continue to get on with my day.
Nothing makes me happier than helping other people and through my practice of herbalism I have achieved that. I bring comfort, relief and relaxation to many people with my products.
No matter how much I know about herbs, I still feel like I know nothing. I'm always yearning to learn more to help myself and others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf