Slow Going

 Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, my book More Than Human has exceeded all of my expectations. I didn't anticipate this much wonderful feedback that I have received nor how many new "fans" I have acquired. As of right now, I have 12 positive reviews on my book on Amazon (11 5-star and 1 4-star) and 2 positive reviews on GoodReads. I am still waiting for that one person who hates my book and leaves me the worst review. If/When that happens, I can promise you that I will be printing that review, framing it, and mounting it on my wall for inspiration.

I recently added my book to Kindle Unlimited (temporarily) and have so far gotten about 295 pages read (my book is 183 pages).

In the near future I am hopefully doing a promotional deal, assuming I don't run into any more snags delaying the idea, that should increase some sales.

Book 2 is painfully slow-going and I am lacking the mental capacity and creativity to make much headway. I am really excited for this story though, and I hope my readers will enjoy it just as much (or more) as my first book. Thankfully I was able to purchase a new lap top which makes my writing much easier and organized than my out dated, ancient lap top that I used for the first book.

I have also been able to purchase a new camera! THAT has taken up a lot of my time as well - getting back into photography. I'm still learning this new piece of photo technology, but I am very proud of several photos that I have been able to shoot, from the moon to wild birds of prey soaring by my house. 

It's important to feed your hobbies and to do what makes you happy. Photography is definitely one of the top things that I can do to benefit my mental health. Plus, it's a great excuse to leave the house and spend a lengthy amount of time in nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf