Memories

 Thanks to Facebook memories I was reminded that three years ago today (December 21) my husband found my notebook containing all of my story notes which went missing. Three years ago today (December 21) I officially started writing More Than Human. Seems like a long time to write a short 57k word novel.


The thing is, I didn't write every day for those three years. Several times I walked away from it, leaving it untouched for weeks sometimes months at a time.

Many people out there think it's easy to just sit down and start writing. Many don't take into consideration the simple and common issue of writer's block, the hurdle of sitting down to write only to be met with a blank, silent mind. In addition to my brain just not wanting to create this story flow, I'd often shut down due to depression. I couldn't find even the most minute energy required to complete the simplest daily tasks during a deep depressive state. In addition to writing and mental obstacles I am also a farmer, gardener, mother, and business owner. Sometimes I simply lacked the energy to write even if I wanted to.

I hope that with my experience of writing my first book, the second one won't take as long. But, mental illness is an unpredictable struggle.

All I can say is, I do my best. Every day, I do my best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf