Low Expectations, High Hopes

 "Low Expectations, High Hopes"


With More Than Human being my first novel, I honestly don't expect it to do well. I'll be happy if I can sell 50 copies. I hope that the series, as it continues and evolves, pleases the majority who read it.

I have been warned and am prepared for the inevitable haters and backlash for whatever reason, but those negativities will fall on deaf ears. I look forward to honest criticism of my work. What did I do wrong? What could I have done better? This is all a learning process that I don't think ever truly ends.

What I look forward to and hope for the most is not the sales, not the praise, but rather the inspiration sparked by my words. I look forward to fan-made art. I hope to see how my readers interpret my characters,  how *they* see them in their mind. That, to me, is the most exciting part about this whole thing.

I do, however, dream that my book will become popular. Maybe not a New York Best Seller, but popular. I've always rooted for and appreciated the underdog, and now I am one.

Here's to accomplishments and inspiration, whether small or grand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from Chapter 13 - Foul language warning*

I am terribly inconsistent...

Interview With the Werewolf